ahem,

If you go to the bottom of this page you'll find a fun little treat!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Linoleum Block Prints


So, I've been tossing around the idea of doing lino block prints of Norm. This is one of the 1st that I've done. I'm enojoying the process and the freshness of the outcome. Granted, I still have a lot to learn.


And learn I shall. I am embarking on a project to do an ABC book in lino block prints done by Kindergarteners. They will draw the designs - 1 block for each letter. A team of 4 parents will cut the blocks, then the kids will help us print the accordion style book. It should be fun, but I never imagined how much planning goes into something like this. For example, how to do you explain positive/negative to a 5 year old? Or try to get a "scribbler" to draw big enough shapes that an adult can interpret into an easy to carve block - granted you can do fine detail on lino blocks, but when there are 26 to cut...


Fingers crossed, all will go smoothly with the book and I will pick up a few tips & tricks. Then I can embark on my own book adventure.

4 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love this print! Thanks for adding me to your blog and your flickr friends.

Dawn said...

Cute! :) Linocuts are something I'm looking into doing as well, just as soon as I get some blocks and tools to play with. So I may pick your brain about the details of how to... :)

katy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE block prints!!! One of my favorite mediums (to look at). These are great, norm! Can't wait to see more.

' said...

What a fun project to do with the kids! I'd love to see the end result. I've done one or two block prints in the past and they are soooo much fun!