ahem,

If you go to the bottom of this page you'll find a fun little treat!

Monday, May 26, 2008

So last I left you with my basement woes...

I think it looked something like photo A - the shine in the picture is about 1" of water. We estimated that ~500 gallons of water poured in through the weak concrete floor (it rained so hard in Seattle that the ground water rose). The vibration of the washing machine wore a hole right through the cement into the dirt layer below. It was gross to say the least.

Check out what it looks like now - 2+ tons of cement later (ok, that includes hauling old cement out of the basement by the bucket and carrying 60 lb. bags into the basement). My new floor. It's so pretty, I don't want to cover it up with the rubber mats I had down before. :)

Oh, and there are drains, french drains and a sump pump. Bring on the rain!

No comments: