ahem,

If you go to the bottom of this page you'll find a fun little treat!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Trunkt $500 Shopping Spree



When I was little, my brother and I would make up Christmas Lists every Dec. and put them in our stockings for St. Nick to deliver to Santa Claus (being German, St. Nick filled our stockings on Dec. 6th and Santa delivered presents on Dec. 24th - 2 separate guys). The "funnest" way to do this, was to get out the Sears Wishbook [aka catalog] and cut the pictures of the toys we wanted out. I put the handcrank snow cone maker on every year, but didn't get one until I was 25 when my brother took pity on me.

Trunkt.org - The Buyer's Guide to Independent Art + Design is running a $500 Shopping Spree Sweepstakes - how fun would that be, to have $500 to spend on really cool art, clothing, housewares,... stuff that you won't find at your average dept. store!

Anyway, all you have to do is sign-up for a "Wishlist" and add 21 products to it. It's totally free and fun to do (all you have to do is cruise around and look at different artist's portfolios, then click on the "add to wishlist" link under the picture of the item you like) - it's like getting out the Sears catalog (only 100 times better).
And - as an added bonus - ArtByNorm has a portfolio on Trunkt that you can pick from too!

Here is the link to the Wishlist Shopping Spree

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Gah! Someone else who understands about St. Nicholas!!!! My family did this too (we are German also, though it's several generations back that they came to America). My fiance said it must be a Catholic thing, but I think it is really a German thing! :)