ahem,

If you go to the bottom of this page you'll find a fun little treat!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The day the music died....

On Monday 12/3/07 Seattle got a lot of rain. So much rain in fact that our basement flooded. We baled out over 200 gallons of water in an 8 hour period, trying to save my studio... We finally gave up trying to beat the gush, and just put everything up on plastic bins. Fortunately after 2 1/2 hours of more rain, the water stopped seeping through the cement floors and walls. The cement started to crumble in spots, like under the washing machine. Needless to say, it will be a while before I sit down to start anything new in the studio (it's kinda a mess).

The funny thing is, from 8:30am Mon. until 7am Tues. morning time stopped. I was oblivious to the world revolving around me - nothing was happening except the water pouring into my basement. Then Tues. morning I woke up and realized that almost 24 hours worth of stuff happened and I had to play catch up... and then I got caught in a downpour again in the parking lot, on the way to my car, with my arms full of stuff from Costco!

The photos: #1 & 2 - the water coming in albeit contained by every towel & rag in the house. #3 the hole where the washing machine foot broke all the way through the weakened concrete #4 where's my desk?

No comments: