ahem,

If you go to the bottom of this page you'll find a fun little treat!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Norm Nesting Dolls?

So it seemed a natural fit, once I looked at the silhouette of Norm and the silhouette of the nesting dolls. I found out it's really difficult translating something I see as 2D into a 3D object. For example, in my mind, Norm has a front and a back - but I have no idea what his sides look like... not to mention, I had to follow someone else's template for a shape (I think his shoes are a little skimpy, I would prefer my boy to wear sensible shoes).

All in all I am happy with the way the first "Team Norm" turned out. I learned a lot on the prototype - like sealing the wood 1st makes more work (go figure) and tube acrylics are more transparent than those little plastic bottles. So, the next Team will go much faster, with fewer problems, and hopefully turn-out exactly as I originally visualized (one can always dream)! There are more photos on my FlickR page

4 comments:

' said...

Those are awesome! I love that Norm is venturing out into different mediums!

Woven Chains said...

These are fantastic! There seems to be a Matroyshka theme in the air right now. I love it!

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

Wow! They turned out SO great! Perfect little Norms all in a row. Now, wouldja get a set of 'em in your Etsy shop?? :D

Unknown said...

Norms! Norms everywhere! :P
These are so cute!