ahem,

If you go to the bottom of this page you'll find a fun little treat!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

so I'm slackin' a little bit...



But I have a good excuse. I've been working on an ABC book for about a year now. I painted 26 pictures for the book, scanned them, photographed them, had them printed into a book format, photoshopped them because the book looked awful, tried another printer, re-photoshopped them, and then gave up. Then, in at 3am one day, I awoke with the brilliant idea of converting all the paintings to linoleum block prints. So, I practiced cutting a few blocks, started drawing the pictures, practiced cutting some more blocks, tried different ways to transfer the pictures, found a way that worked, so I scanned the drawings and started transferring then cutting the 26 blocks. I have 19 blocks in the works currently (the art store didn't have 26 in stock, so I have to go back). But low and behold version 2.0 of the blocks works! So far I'm happy with the format. So happy in fact that I am a willing to share them with you. Here is "I is for Icecream" and "H is for Houses" - I'll let you figure out which is which.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

These look great! I assume this is a separate alphabet collection from the previous one?

Woven Chains said...

I want my signed copy the day it comes out, K! I'll forward payment to your paypal.

That is too cool, Heidi, I'm so excited for you. I hope the rest comes together as well as "I is for Icecream" and "H is for Houses."

Best of Luck!

Trina

Woven Chains said...

So...where can I get my signed copy?

H and I look wonderful, I'm sure the rest are equally fabulous. Good luck with your publication

Trina